The Amazing Breakfast: Poached Eggs, Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it made sense that this week’s recipe would feature the champion of nutrition! There are loads of recipes out there for breakfasts made for pre-exercise but we like to think of this one as your post-morning exercise treat while still remaining healthy. It only contains complex carbs (sweet potatoes), is full of protein and contains about 1.5/2 of your 5 a day! Enjoy!
The Amazing Breakfast
For 2 Servings:
1 large onion
1 red pepper
2 sweet Potatoes
4 rashers of streaky bacon
1. Chop the vegetables in centimetre cubes and saute them in olive oil seasoned with paprika, mixed herbs, salt and pepper until they are all thoroughly cooked (we don’t want any hard sweet potatoes!)
2. When the vegetables are about to cook, poach the eggs. We’re very lazy so we use Poach Cup which make it super easy! You can find them here
3. Quickly fry the bacon until crunchy
4. Serve the vegetables, delicately place the poached egg on top and top it off with the rashers
5. Crack the egg open and admire your perfectly poached yolk run out!