By continuing to use our site, you agree to us using cookies in accordance with our privacy policy.

Confirm
First look at Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

First look at Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

Sharing is caring

Whilst all other designers present their collections in a slightly more… traditional way, Stella McCartney opted for a more original format to showcase her latest collaboration with Adidas. Aerial Yoga, synchronised swimming, a spinning class, runners and a dance class were all part of the incredible event to launch the SS14 collection during London Fashion Week.

Rather than using models, Stella used real athletes to wear the gear and show it off just as it’s meant to be: in action. Synchronised swimming troupe Aquabatique gave an incredible performance in a swimming tank. If the swimsuits stay in place during that routine, I can guarantee they will definitely do when you’re swimming laps at the gym. Girls from Boom Cycle hosted a very chic spinning class, there was a studio performance courtesy of the Tracy Anderson Method, an Antigravity Yoga session and so on. All of the girls were fit and toned, not like the usual models used on catwalks. These girls were really breaking a sweat – and looking pretty amazing whilst doing so. We loved it! Also, it’s made us want to check out Antigravity Yoga…

As for the collection? Well, Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 features 2 big trends: urban, vivid, bright prints and colours in the running and cycling ranges, and softer pastels for the studio and yoga collection. As ever, a big focus is on layering and mix and matching, so your pieces can be worn in different ways (including with your daily clothes – it’s fashercise, baby!). All the technology you’d expect from a high-performance piece is obviously there, but designed to with style in mind. Stella is a firm believer in all things eco-friendly and sustainable and has pushed the boundaries yet again with this collection, using dry dye technology, recycled yarn, organic cottons and a low waste commitment (95% of material is used in the final product, with the remaining 5% being recycled or repurposed).

As for shoes, SS14 sees a completely new model – the Primeknit Running shoe – using a revolutionary digital knitting technology to create a seamless one-piece upper. Every shoe will feature a unique number on its tongue, making them even more unique. Other trainers in the collection will use the Adidas Boost technology.

If you can’t wait like us, start counting the days as the collection lands in stores and online from January 2014… Below is also a sneak peek at the Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 lookbook.

Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

Studio with The Tracy Anderson Method

Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

Cycling with BOOM CYCLE

Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

Running

Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

Aerial Yoga

Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

Swimming with Aquabatique

Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14

First look at the Adidas by Stella McCartney SS14 Lookbook:

StellaMcCartney_adidas_Cycling_01 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Run_01 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Run_02 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Run_03 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Run_04 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Run_05 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Run_06 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Run_07 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Studio_01 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Studio_02 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Studio_03 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Studio_04 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Studio_06 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Studio_07 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Swim_01 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Swim_02 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Swim_03 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Swim_04 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Swim_05 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Swim_06 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Weekender_01 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Weekender_02 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Weekender_03 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Weekender_04 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Yoga_01 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Yoga_02 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Yoga_03 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Yoga_04 StellaMcCartney_adidas_Yoga_05

Related articles

0 comments

Submit